01 February, 2012

Studio... Ideas Ideas Ideas

Okay, I am definitely on a design binge right now. I've been thinking for months, maybe even years, on how I'm going to design my very own studio. There are so many ideas and options out there that its hard to settle. But today decisions have been made.

It will be based off of Moroccan styles with a lot of natural light. 

Although the room is small, I definitely want a sitting area. Maybe a couch? Or a couple upholstered chairs? 


The closet I want to turn into a collection of cabinets and drawers. Not sure what kind of finish yet. Maybe I will make the doors into jewelry displays... I should definitely have a chalk board on one of them too...

There will be a wall filled with inspiring images, designs, and paintings. 


I plan on pulling up the carpet and cleaning the existing cement. I will lay some rugs in front of the chairs and in the doorway, but under and around my work table will be just the cement for safety and cleanliness purposes. 

My desk will be made of thick wood with rounded edges and legs that are similar to this bed post. I'm thinking about having track lighting above the desk for more direct light. 

I would like to add more windows to the room. Maybe make the one that is there a little taller and add a couple more on the south wall. 

The door, I would like to be a screen door. I want to keep the pets out while I'm working, but I do not want to close myself off from the rest of the house. I also have to listen for any knocks on the door...

And for some fun little decorations...

It really is disappointing that I cannot start on my studio yet as the bathrooms need to be finished first, but I know that soon it will happen. :) Oh the anticipation!

Cheers~


No comments: